Commercial Auto insurance provides coverage for vehicles that are owned, leased, hired or borrowed by businesses, whether they are associations, corporations, partnerships or sole proprietorships. Commercial Auto coverage may be used to insure private passenger autos and all types of trucks, trailers, semi-trailers and commercial vehicles designed for use on public roads.
A commercial auto policy may include:
- Liability coverage: protection for physical injury to other persons or their property because of an accident related to your covered vehicle including legal defense cost or expense
- Comprehensive coverage: handles losses other than collision such as fire, theft, vandalism, falling objects, animals, glass breakage.
- Collision: takes care of damage from crashes with another object or overturn of the vehicle
- Towing and labor costs for disabled vehicles
- Loss of use / Rental vehicle coverage: with this coverage, if your vehicle is in the shop being repaired from a covered loss the cost of the rental vehicle is covered up to the policy limit.